January 23, 2011

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall



My rating:  ★★★★★

Summary: 
The Penderwicks, by Jeanne Birdsall, is about four sisters who spend their holidays at the Arundel estate.  Since it's summer, they can't wait to explore the whole place!  What else is exciting?  They meet Jeffrey, the son of Arundel's owner, is their perfect companion for all their summer adventures!  However,  Jeffrey's mother isn't happy with the Penderwick sisters.  She warns Jeffrey and his new friends to stay out of trouble.  Of course they'll stay out of trouble, won't they?

What I Like:
I love the way the author shows the different characteristics of the Penderwick sisters from oldest to youngest.  The close relationship the girls have with their dad and each other are clearly defined when I read the book.  I also like the way the author describes all the adventures & mischief the Penderwicks and Jeffrey get into.

What I Don't Like:   
What's not to like about this book?  The whole book is very enjoyable and there's no swear words!  (Thank goodness!) It's a great book for all ages. 

My Comments:
This book should be made into a movie!  I reckon that it'll be a great family movie to watch! This book is just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, fellow astronauts! Thank you for stopping by! You are all very amazing. Your comments and messages are all welcome here. Hope you all have a good space-trip! :-)