July 1, 2012

The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

[image via Google images]
My rating: 

Summary: Carter and Sadie Kane are siblings who grew up more like strangers ever since their mother's death. While Sadie has been living in London with her grandparents, Carter has been travelling the world with their father, Dr. Julius Kane, the brilliant Egyptologist. One night, when they are reunited, their father brings them to the British Museum, where he accidentally unleashes the Egyptian god Set, the god of deserts and chaos, who banishes Julius to oblivion and forces the siblings to flee for their lives. Soon, Carter and Sadie discover that the gods of Ancient Egypt are waking and that the worst of them - Set - is after the Kanes. To stop him, they embark on a dangerous journey around the world, on a quest that brings them closer to the truth about their family and their destiny.

What I Like: Rick Riordan really knows how to keep people reading! I enjoyed the book so much, I couldn't put it down. I love how Rick Riordan merges the modern world with mythology and make it into something interesting for the youth of today! 

What I Didn't Like: I know that this book is about gods, but we should always remember that there is one TRUE God that oversees everything in this world.

My Comments: I couldn't help but start making my own movie cast for this. (If they do make a movie of this, I hope they follow the books.) Also, I finished the second book, The Throne of Fire, in a day and I'm currently reading the final one, The Serpent's Shadow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I love this series! I finished the last book 2 days ago and I can't believe it's done. I wish Rick had written more to the series than a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are actually making a movie of The Kane Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, fellow astronauts! Thank you for stopping by! You are all very amazing. Your comments and messages are all welcome here. Hope you all have a good space-trip! :-)