November 10, 2011

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

My rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary: If Jason Grace was sent to Camp Half-Blood, where was Percy Jackson sent?  The Son of Neptune follows Percy's journey at Camp Jupiter, where he meets two new friends, Hazel and Frank.  The three then go on a quest that will bring the Greek and Roman demigods together and give us hints on the Prophecy of Seven. 

What I Like:  It's the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series!  I loved The Lost Hero and I also loved this one!  I enjoyed all the moments where Percy was slowly regaining his memory, where Hazel would have flashbacks, and when Frank's grandmother would explain what's in store for him.  I literally couldn't put the book down!  It was also nice to see how it is in the Roman camp for demigods.  Oh!  I also loved Leo's teensy part towards the end.  You can't handle Leo Valdez's swag.

What I don't Like:  I truly missed all the Percy/Annabeth moments.  I also miss the original trio: Percy, Annabeth, and Grover.  I especially don't like the fact that I have to wait a whole year for The Mark of Athena.  Huhuhu. *cries*

My comments:  The book was such a cliffhanger!  October 2012, please come faster!  Oh, and people have been asking me which side I'm on.  Greek or Roman?  Greek all the way, people!  You're talking to a daughter of Poseidon here.  Haha, just kidding!

1 comment:

Hello there, fellow astronauts! Thank you for stopping by! You are all very amazing. Your comments and messages are all welcome here. Hope you all have a good space-trip! :-)